Triumph Capital Partners is looking to hire an Underwriter (Bridge Lending).
- Underwrite Bridge mortgage loans in compliance with company credit guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Review loan files for completeness, identify missing documentation and generate condition lists for the applicants.
- Collaborate with the loan processor and salesperson to complete the credit analysis in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the correct data is entered into the loan origination system.
- Responsible for reviewing and owning all loan file detail prior to submission to closing manager including work done by all upstream partners.
- Work with loan processors and closers to ensure a smooth handoff of the files occurs.
- Manage constant deal flow and prioritize to ensure loans close on time with a high degree of accuracy in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Identify and report any suspected fraudulent activity occurring with any stakeholder and escalate issues to the appropriate management when necessary.
- Keep abreast of all company policies and procedures as well as federal and state regulatory changes by participating in in-house training events.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or relative experience.
- Experience: 1-3 years residential mortgage lending experience with good knowledge of lending regulations and credit/collateral analysis practices. Experience underwriting or processing fix & flip hard money loans a plus.
- Skills/Ability: Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to adapt well to a fast-paced and constantly changing business environment; PC proficient at the intermediate level; comfortable with new technology systems and paperless environment, demonstrated the ability to work in a team-oriented environment; demonstrated ability to provide good customer service.