Triumph Capital Partners is looking to hire a Senior Credit Underwriter.
The Senior Credit Underwriter (SCU) is responsible to assist the CRO and Triumph Capital Credit Committee with loan, borrower, pricing, and market analytics to support loan level, borrower level, and market level borrower and loan underwriting decision. The SCU manages daily borrower pipeline tasks including but not limited to borrower facing conversations, pipeline activity, credit underwriting and Ad Hoc analysis. The SCU’s job is to ensure TCP maintains strong credit quality in line with its policies and historical practices on new borrower approvals and loan funding, and maintains a loan portfolio with high credit quality and no credit losses. In support of loan origination's team, monitor loan from origination through the closing process assuring a positive and timely experience for TCP clients.
Essential functions include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Maintains and updates all risk related Policies and Procedures; creates and communicates compliance with borrower and asset level pricing and underwriting policies via systematic, regular daily, weekly, monthly, and/or quarterly reports to the asset and borrower underwriting managers, CRO, TCP credit committee and TCP executive committee.
- Supports - in close coordination with the CRO and credit committee - the Borrower Underwriting process by providing pricing guidance to Loan Originators and Borrowers and ensures it is in alignment with established guidelines and best practices.
- Monitors and reports on the performance of Borrower and Loan Underwriters to ensure quality and productivity maintenance and improvements at the individual, team and company levels.
- Helps develop and monitor staffing and capacity models for Borrower/Credit and Loan/Asset underwriting departments.
- Interfaces with Borrowers and is influential in structuring the underwriting of major loans and special-situation loans to assure the company maximizes prudent origination's while managing risk and enabling loan leverage or resale.
- Leverages data and technology to enhance and monitor the risk management of the company at the loan, portfolio and company levels.
- Maintains, improves and automates loan level IRR models and tackles projected (at funding) vs actual IRR’s (at payoff).
- Proactively mines data to create a predictive index to better determine new identifiable risk indicators, improving the company’s risk prevention and mitigation processes further (e.g. builds a sub-market level forward looking dashboard on supply vs. demand and market absorption risk/metrics).
- Regularly provides reports and communicates findings to Executive Leadership Team and external partners of enterprise risk performance, developments and strategic risk management initiatives.
- Assists with risk management process automation initiatives including interfacing with the IT group on key changes.
- Perform initial analysis evaluating the applicant’s credit worthiness and financial capacity. Review market analysis and appraisal to determine if the report accurately reflects the underwriter's knowledge of the property's operations and market position, as well as reconciling any differences.
- Cultivates and fosters team building and cooperation and motivates team members to achieve goals and further career development.
- Ability and willingness to work with loan officers, loan administration, accounting and other support staff to deliver timely turnaround for TCP clientele.
Required Education & Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s in Real Estate preferred, Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required.
- Minimum 10+ years in commercial real estate banking underwriting, credit analyst or related experience. Industry relevant experience in commercial lending underwriting, or credit analytics required. Commercial real estate, lending, and investment experience will also be considered.
- Experience in private money or hard money preferred, or commercial loan origination/management.
- Expert knowledge in complex commercial lending and financial deal structuring.
- Industry knowledge of credit and financial analysis, including cash flow analysis, balance sheet analysis, profitability, liquidity and solvency analysis.
- Advance knowledge of financial modeling techniques and preparation of pro-forma financial statements.
- Expert knowledge of credit underwriting policies, procedures, processes, collateral valuation and documentation.
- Highly Proficient/Advanced in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and database application.
Required Skills And Abilities:
- Advance leadership and independent thinking skills.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to read and interpret data with macro and micro analytical skills.
- Ability to incorporate information from many sources to identify underwriting risks, conduct analysis and articulate a concise recommendation.
- Ability to lead and manage multiple tasks concurrently and self-prioritize workload to meet deadlines as an individual and leader.
- Adapts to change easily in a fast working environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, presentation, oral and written communication skills.