Triumph is actively searching for an experienced Senior Account Executive for a ground floor opportunity with an established lender in the private mortgage space. The Senior Account Executive role is responsible for the performance management and day-to-day relationship management of assigned relationships. This role will ensure that growth, production, and profitability goals are accomplished. This individual will be part of a dynamic and productive team that focuses on providing the best customer service and products in the private mortgage industry.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Central point of contact for the Correspondent; acting as the contact and relationship manger between Triumph and assigned Correspondent relationships.
- Provide feedback to Correspondent on loan quality and operational efficiency.
- Responsible for managing a designated Account Executive Assistant comprised of one or more employees.
- Review pipeline of all loans within assigned Correspondent relationships and clear any STIPS and or conditions.
- Maintain a relationship with the Correspondent in order to deepen relationship and drive repeat business.
- Conduct daily review of active pipeline and identifies appropriate client follow-up actions.
- Serve as a primary contact regarding customer needs on Triumph’s products, programs, and services.
- Interact with multiple departments with Triumph & Correspondent to expedite processing and/or issue resolution.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge on the private mortgage industry relevant regulatory environment and Triumph’s products, services, and systems.
- Reviewing, negotiating the terms & managing of the loans derived from the Correspondent.
- Assist with developing and administer performance action plans with the assistance of Triumph’s Risk Oversight Committee and or other quality control groups.
- Perform market research to understand customer needs and competitor information on various matters that impact Triumph’s ability to deliver consistent and competitive products, pricing and services to correspondents.
- Contribute recommendations based on knowledge and expertise to enhance Triumph’s Correspondent Channel.
- Effectively communicate and present mortgage products, company policies and company procedures.
- Maintaining inventory of marketing & training material for sales and training calls.
- Manage additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Strong business acumen that includes proven negotiation skills and techniques.
- Mortgage experience required; Private Mortgages desired but not required.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), organization skills and planning skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and issues quickly, creatively and decisively.
- Ability to leverage metrics to make business decisions and manage Correspondent performance.
- Established skill set for analyzing and satisfying for a variety of client needs; proven follow-up techniques to verify satisfaction and/or resolution.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Four-year college degree preferred (but not required) or relevant work experience.
Compensation & Benefits Compensation:
- Base salary.