Triumph Capital Partners in Solana Beach, CA is looking for a Full-time Mortgage Loan Closer.
This position is responsible for providing support to the lending staff in all aspects of the loan closing process. This position will also be responsible for the post-closing collection of closing documents and packaging of loans before assigned to loan closer. Once the loan is assigned to the loan closer they will work with the processor, underwriting manager, and closing vendors to gather and finalize any required documentation for loan closing.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Monitors all assigned loans.
- Coordinate with the Broker, Escrow Officer/Closing Agent, and Title Officer to request and ensure receipt of all items required to fund a file.
- Input of property loan information in the loan monitoring system as information is gathered.
- Coordinate with the Broker Escrow Officer/Closing Agent and Title Officer to work through issues that may slow/stop a loan from closing.
- Prepare and ensure all loan documents are complete, accurate, verified and compliant with TCP policies.
- Coordinate with the Underwriting Department in the event loan terms have changed during the closing process.
- Monitor the loan file through funding and receipt of original loan documents.
- Meet crucial deadlines requested.
Description of Function:
- Works with vendors to collect required documentation for files for closing.
- Coordinates between the title and closing attorney for the collection of required documentation.
- Engage an attorney to prepare legal loan documents.
- Works with Title Company to coordinate title work and manage closings for real estate loans.
- Requests adjustments to documents and settlement statements and engage the appropriate parties when needed.
- Follows up on Insurance information and verifies it is paid at or before closing.
- Communicates with insurance agents for appropriate endorsements and proof of payment as required by TCP.
- Coordinates and performs loan closings of small loans in the branch.
- Enters and updates information into a pipeline, updates information accurate and timely.
- Communicate with loan operations, title companies, escrow, closing agents and/or borrowers/3rd parties to resolve issues prior to closing.
- Scans documentation as needed into the Loan Operations System (LOS).
- Cross train on other post-closing functions as needed.
- Review all loan documents for completeness and accuracy prior to sending to underwriting manager including the closing checklist.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Prior Processing, Closing and/or Escrow experience is a must.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, data and information managing, and writing skills.
- Knowledge of lending operations and closing procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of mortgage lending procedures.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience processing mortgage loans or underwriting.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude despite complex and on occasion stressful situations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts and to apply math concepts.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions and to solve problems with variables.
- Takes initiative to think independently and offer solutions.
- Willingness to learn new tasks and approaches for accomplishing assignments.
This position requires standing or sitting for long periods of time and working primarily at a workstation or desk. Daily tasks include extensive use of a computer performing standard keyboard functions, requiring some repetitive motion and use of a telephone.
- Total Compensation - $50-70k annually.
- Salary - $40,000-50,000 /year + Monthly Bonus