This position is responsible for commercial and residential loan boarding, loan maintenance, loan payment processing, loan disbursements, loan releases, loan balancing, loan tax and insurance processing, and other related loan servicing duties. This position is the functional expert in the day to day functions within the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for boarding/funding new, renewed and modified loans on the core loan system.
- Processes advances, payoffs, payments, rate changes, charge-offs and other maintenance on the core loan system.
- Processes funding activities for all participated loans.
- Process construction draws and orders title endorsements.
- Conducts research to resolve loan requests/issues. Communicates with internal and external customers to provide resolution.
- Responsible for calculating and generating payoff letters.
- Set-up, tracking, resolution and removal of loan exceptions within bank core system. Maintain exception tracking report. Works with lending staff to resolve their exceptions.
- Responsible for complying with all Bank policies and Federal and State banking laws and regulations.
- Tax and insurance monitoring/processing to include escrow set-up, analysis and data remittance to 3rd party vendors.
- Performs audit of closed loan packages and collateral documents to ensure bank's security interest and adherence to compliance audit policies and procedures.
- Assists with data collection and reporting for loan support projects and audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements (experience, education, competencies):
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelors degree a plus.
- Minimum of 1+ years loan servicing experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Possess excellent communication (written and verbal) and customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively and accurately communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to make sound decisions based upon department, bank policies, procedures, knowledge and experience.
- Contribute and maintain a positive work atmosphere of mutual respect.