Triumph Capital Partners in Solana Beach, CA is looking for a Director of Mortgage Operations who will be responsible for helping your direct reports become true subject matter experts for the life of a loan, a proactive and consistent performer, achieve optimum productivity while exceeding loan quality standards and contribute to providing an exceptional customer experience, both internal and external. This includes focusing on the right priorities for your team, scaling best practices with Leadership and Professional Development groups, and personifying the values and principles consistent with Triumph. The Operations Manager will help their team excel towards key individual and team goals through coaching, escalation coverage, best practice scaling, and prioritization while maintaining accountability and consistency within our core Triumph values and principles.
- Manages the company’s mortgage lending operations activities in accordance with established procedures.
- Establishes and monitors performance goal achievement for the mortgage operations group.
- Analyzes processing unit operations and recommends improvements which better enable sales and service efforts.
- Implements strategies within mortgage loan operations and coordinates them with other operational areas.
- Empower your team members to commit to excellence by fostering a culture of excellence.
- Serves as the mortgage processing system administrator, responsible for maintaining current releases and proper configurations and coordinating activities with applicable systems vendors.
- Actively coach your team - guide them to be the best versions of themselves and contribute to the growth of others.
- Identify process gaps and optimize efficiency/quality in the processing of a loan by thoughtfully and successfully implementing process changes across the team.
- Lead, oversee, & monitor the mortgage operations group, individual & team performance.
- Assist with loan prioritization and loan level escalations.
- Ongoing monitoring of pipeline to ensure individual productivity and quality.
- Function as a technical resource for the team for the Ops platform.
- Lead orientation and training of new hires and current department personnel.
- Develop training materials, job aides, and/or tools to create process efficiency and consistency.
- Strong command of Triumph credit policy and process. Expected to stay current with any procedural changes and teach your team to scale your expertise.
- Act as a liaison between the operations team & other department leads and managers.
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
- Hold weekly team meetings, bi-weekly 1:1’s and team huddles.
- In conjunction with the Chief Operating Officer, complete semi-annual performance evaluations of team members.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business or a departmentally related field.
- 5 or more years of successful professional experience within the mortgage lending industry.
- 3 or more years of successful professional experience as a mortgage Loan Analyst/Processor/Underwriter.
- 2 or more years of successful professional experience people managing.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and collaboration among department members.
- Computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment utilizing Office 365 applications.
- Self-starter who excels in a fast-paced agile software development environment.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills along with communication skills.